Saturday, October 30, 2010

LOR from pharmacy supervisor (not RP)?

Question:
Hi, admissions, Im about to get a letter from my pharmacy supervisor, he is not a pharmD though. He supervises over the other pharmacists, tells them what to do, type scripts; and gives breaks to both techs and pharmacist. I worked with him more than the other pharmacists. Would his LOR be better for me? Can I still submit it?


Answer:

A letter from a pharmacist would be better than one from a pharmacy supervisor who is not a pharmacist. I'm sure you can submit an LOR from your supervisor as someone who can vouch for your work ethic, but it won't carry the same weight as one from an RP would. You might consider having your supervisor write a letter as well as requesting one of the RPs as well.

Good luck.

1 comment:

online pharmacy reviews said...

As always though, it would be better if you can secure both so you would have options.

- Jessica Greer