Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Being waitlisted isn't the end of the world

As many applicants start to get anxious as they wait on alternate lists for pharmacy school admissions, I thought it appropriate to re-post my thoughts on the subject:

I recently had a conversation with someone I have been advising through the process. She applied and interviewed at her preferred school, but was then informed that she was going to be "Waitlisted". She was extremely disappointed and I understand that, but I would also remind you that it is not uncommon either. A significant number of applicants who are ultimately accepted were waitlisted (or designated as an alternate) by a school at some point during the process. Don't despair if you fall into this category. There are several months between now and school starting next fall and lots will happen between now and then. I have seen students get admitted the day or the week that school starts before.

Hang in there. Regularly contact the school(s) to let them know that you are still interested and would love to matriculate there if the opportunity exists.

Keep us posted on your status and please consider sharing your experiences on our forum - www.pharmacyschooladmissions.com

-Admissions

3 comments:

Peggy said...

I can appreciate that being waitlisted is better than being completely rejected, but how is someone supposed to plan? What if their preferred school is across country? There are a lot of factors that need to be taken into consideration, especially if someone has more than just themselves to worry about.

Admissions said...

No question about it. I understand the frustration of feeling as though you are in a quasi-purgatory while on a waiting list. My suggestion is to contact those schools and reinforce your interest. I will post a template letter that you might imitate.

Martin Claybold said...

Being on the waiting list is surely not the end of the world, and nothing to be dejected about. You need to keep an optimistic outlook, and hope for the best. You can always try elsewhere!

Buy HCG Online