Sunday, May 27, 2012

What are my chances to get into pharmacy school?

Question: I was wondering what my chances were to get into pharmacy school. My freshmen year i worked 2 jobs, one was working as a pharmacy tech. During the year i made A's, B's, and C's. The following year was hard for me
because I was severely sick so my whole freshmen year is full of F's and W. Of those, only two were pre-req classes, the rest were electives. My Junior year I made all A's and B's. I will also be receiving my bachelors
in Chemistry next year. Is there still hope for me to get accepted?


Answer: I can only suggest that you be very clear in your personal statement that your poor grades were due to issues beyond your control (illness).  After doing so, point out the more successful semesters you had before and after that year.  It would probably be worth your time to find a professor or advisor familiar with your illness who might be able to share with the AdComs what you did to overcome it and how it impacted you.  If you are able to successfully convince the AdComs, I think you stand a decent chance of being offered interviews,  From that point, it's up to you to sell yourself to the school.

Good luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey I have experience in applying and have gotten into 6/7 of the pharmacy schools I applied to. For most of the schools I applied to, you needed a C or better in your prerequisite classes in order for those classes to count.

there might be schools that have an exception but make sure you email the admissions office of the schools you plan to apply to in order to know FOR SURE if you need to retake the classes or not.

This is all from personal experience but it's always better to be safe than sorry. Good luck!

Unknown said...

This days pharmacies is additionally functioning through on-line, as a result of tons of people is trying for pharmacies who is working through online. PharmacyGuider.com is an on-line pharmacy reviews web site, where drug-customers come back to share their experiences of on-line pharmacies they've ordered from. by the pharmacy guider pharmacies will manipulate things carefully.

pharmacyguider