Saturday, June 9, 2012

PharmCas question about "special life circumstances"

Question: In the PharmCas application there is a section under the 'Personal Data' section titled 'Special Life Circumstances'. It asks to "describe any special life circumstances. These include but are not limited to the following: raised in a single parent home, socioeconomic status of family, first generation attending college, overcoming adversity, resident of an under-served area or an area with a health professions shortage, race and ethnicity, and cultural background". The information is not required for the application, so what is it used for? Should I put forth an essay type answer and go into a lot of detail or skip it?

Answer: Thanks for your question.  Schools can use it for any purpose they want (or none at all).  They might use this information to award scholarships, for example.

I have never seen this information used negatively against an applicant, but I have seen cases where applicants have greatly benefited from giving a thorough response.  I would strongly suggest that you complete it.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

This days pharmacies is additionally functioning through on-line, as a result of tons of individuals is making an attempt for pharmacies who is working through on-line. PharmacyGuider.com is an on-line pharmacy reviews website, where drug-consumers come back back to share their experiences of on-line pharmacies they've ordered from. by the pharmacy guider pharmacies can manipulate things rigorously.

pharmacyguider

D said...

I left this question meaning to come back to it at a later date but forgot to do that. I have numerous special circumstances that apply and i am beating myself up about it. I touched on some of them in my personal statement, but it would have helped considerably to answer this question. I hope it does not harm my chances.