Thursday, March 7, 2013

I can't get out of work to attend my pharmacy school interview. Why should I do?

Question: 
I just got an interview invite for March 22nd, however I may not be able to attend that day due to work obligations. Do you think schools would be willing to let me change the interview date? I would prefer to do it after when my schedule at work loosens up more, but would a school be willing to accommodate my request?


Answer:
I can almost guarantee that a school will work with you. However, please consider the following from the perspective of the school:
1) what is more important to you - work or your pharmacy school interview?
2) is it possible for you to rearrange your work schedule?

If you choose to reschedule your interview, I would not tell them the reason is because you cannot get out of work. Understand that most interviewees are missing school and/or work to attend out of town interviews and choosing not to do this could be perceived negatively by some. It's just something to consider. Just state that you had an unexpected conflict and you need to reschedule if that is the direction you choose.

Good luck.

No comments: