Friday, October 9, 2009

Meeting with faculty on Adcom

Today I had the opportunity to meet with a faculty member who is on an Admissions Committee for a Pharm D program I am very interested in. As mentioned in a previous post, over the last six months I have developed a wonderful relationship with an Admissions Counselor at this same school. The counselor was able to set up this meeting with the faculty member so I could have the opportunity to hear first hand what this individual is really looking for in an applicant for this specific program. This meeting was invaluable and will help me greatly as I finish my personal statement and solidify my LORs. The meeting also gave me the opportunity to share my personal story and goals in person before my application is reviewed. If anyone has the opportunity to have a similar meeting with a faculty member who sits on an Admissions Committee, I would highly suggest trying to make it happen before applications are reviewed. As I left the meeting she specifically stated she would be watching for my application!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool to hear. I think the relationship building side of the process can help us out a lot. Good luck.