Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Can I apply to pharmacy school and dental school at the same university?

Question:
I am wondering if applying to the same school for both pharmacy school and dental school would negatively impact my chances of getting accepted?

 
Answer:
I would advise against doing so. A part of any pharmacy AdCom's decision making process is trying to ascertain an applicant's motivation to the profession. Applying to more than one professional school at the same institution would raise eyebrows and probably red flags among many commitee members. Professionally speaking, I would encourage you to spend as much time as you have available to shadow both professions so that you can devote your energy to being admitted to the program that you feel is the best fit for you.
 
Good luck.

No comments: