Friday, September 20, 2013

How far back should I go when listing honors and awards on my PharmCas application?

Question:
I'm working on filling out the PharmCAS information for honors & awards, volunteer experience, etc. My question for admissions is how far back should I go as far as putting down that information?

I know when filling out a resume, you're supposed to delete anything from High School once you finish your freshman year of college, so does the same go for applications?

For example, if I volunteered in a hospital office my Junior year of high school is that still valid to put down? The same question goes for any awards and scholarships I got when I graduated.

Thanks in advance for any advice!



Answer:
Honestly, I hardly glance at that section of the application. Unless there is something truly outstanding or you won an award for something that would be very specific to performing well in pharmacy, it won't impact an AdCom's decision.

I'd say fill in something, but do overdo it. I wouldn't add high school items unless it pertains directly to health care or pharmacy.

Good luck.

No comments: