Thursday, May 28, 2009

Admissions will no longer be posting on SDN

I just wanted to let you know that "Admissions" will no longer be posting on Student Doctor Network. We were informed twice by Anna Peck, an SDN Moderator, that posting our email address and/or link to the blog was considered "siphoning" SDN's membership. If you have followed this blog you understand how preposterous that is, but it isn't worth arguing about so we have chosen to simply move on. One month ago when we started, our intent was to provide information that had previously not been available to pharmacy school applicants. I believe we have succeeded in doing that.

I appreciate everyone who visits the blog, sends email and questions, and those who have passed the link to others interested in applying to pharmacy school. I figure we have spent about 100 total hours between SDN and writing this blog over the past 30 days - we have now made almost $5.00 in adsense ads. I hope that makes it clear that our intention is to provide advice free of charge and without any financial benefit to us. Dare I say we write the blog because we enjoy it and find it rewarding to help others. Gasp! If you see a topic on SDN that has been answered on the blog, I encourage you to post the link or send a PM to the poster informing them that we exist. The greater volume of comment and questions, the more effective this blog becomes.

Thank you and best of luck-
Admissions

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for continuing to answer questions on the blog! I have found your insight incredibly helpful.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Admissions for your help - you are the best. I am telling everyone I know about the blog!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for all your responses Admissions! You'll be missed on the SDN forum.

Anonymous said...

Admissions, you are the best. Thank you for answering all of our questions. Your helpful comments and information has been very helpful. Thanks again!