Friday, May 29, 2009

Murder Charges for Pharmacist in Shooting

Are you sure you want to go into pharmacy? I haven't had a chance to post on the blog at all today or even check my email, but I saw the story of the Oklahoma pharmacist who was arrested on murder charges for shooting (repeatedly) a would be robber of the pharmacy. Unbelievably sad. I would be interested to know what anyone thinks about this. I will get back to emails and post on the blog again tomorrow.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/P/PHARMACY_SHOOTING?SITE=MITRA&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who's at fault here? The robber wielding a gun or the pharmacist who killed him? Maybe both.

Anonymous said...

I think it is clear that, while the pharmacist was well within his rights to shoot the robber, he overstepped the boundries when he shot him after he was unconcious. However, it is understandable that in that kind of situation it may be hard to determine when the threat is over.

PharmGuy said...

It sounds like public opinion is with the pharmacist. All pub is good pub, right?