Wednesday, April 3, 2013

What should I do if I apply to pharmacy school and get rejected?

Question:
I'm looking at pharmacy as a career option since I have a passion for medicine/drugs. But I was wondering: What happens if you get rejected from all pharmacy schools you apply to? Do you wait till next year to apply again? or Do you stop pursuing that career?


Answer:
The key is to identify the reasons you were rejected and try to determine if those areas can be improved. If you PCAT score was low, you can improve that. If your GPA is 2.0 and you have completed 150 credit hours, it could be very difficult for you to make a dramatic overall increase.

I think it is important that you contact the schools where you have been rejected and ask them for their feedback and suggestions on how to improve your application. I am always impressed when we review a re-applicant and the admissions office can tell me that they have been contacted by the person being reviewed and they have made the improvements we suggested.

Good luck.

No comments: