Saturday, April 13, 2013

Will military experience in ROTC or the reserves help me get into pharmacy school?

Question:
Do you have any experience with interviewing students with a background in ROTC or belonging to the reserves? I was wondering if having some type of military service on my record would help my chances.


Answer:
I have interviewed applicants with some type of military experience several times over the year.  While I do not think that having military experience will help you get into pharmacy school, I know certain professors, deans, and other administrators who served in the military who might disagree with me. I suppose it is possible that the discipline and character developed in the military would be an advantage to your chances, but I think the real value would come in the built in networking that exists between members of the armed services.

Good luck.

No comments: