Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Entering AP courses on PharmCas Application

Question: Would I put AP credits under Fall 2006 semester or the Summer 2007 semester since there's not a space solely for AP credits on Pharmcas? Or would I have to create a new "semester" and put them in and if I do, what would I put the "semester" under? (Fall, Summer, Spring, Interim, etc.)

Would I put the actual test name or would I put the course name that I received credit for?

The first semester I was an actual college student was in the Summer of 2007. However, my transcript shows a class that gave credit to my university while I was still enrolled in high school. I took a vocational class at a local tech/vocational school (only for high school juniors and seniors) during my senior year of high school. That particular course gave me both high school and college credit.


Answer: This is the response from PharmCas: Please enter your Advanced Placement credits under the first semester attended at the post-secondary institution where the AP credit was awarded. You will enter the test name and subject in the course title and prefix fields, the Grade will be "CR" for Credit, and the PharmCAS Grade will be "N/A." Please be sure to add the correct number of credit hours earned for each AP exam, and add the Special Classification "Advanced Placement", along with the test score, if known. PharmCAS does not require a copy of the AP test score report, but your designated Pharmacy schools may. Please check with the schools to determine their requirements for AP score reports

Please input your AP coursework exactly as it appears on your transcript, whether it be the test name or the course name that appears on your transcript – please input this information exactly the same in your coursework section. Please list your AP courses in the FIRST semester of the institution where it was awarded, regardless of when you actually took the course/test.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your work forces out your followers for blog commenting. free credit score