Thursday, August 6, 2009

Success!!! Welcome to the Profession!

Comment: We received a nice email from an individual who was accepted into pharmacy school this week for classes beginning Fall 2009!! See his original email and our response.

http://pharmacyschooladmissions.blogspot.com/2009/07/review-of-pcat-scores.html

Congratulations!!

This is a great case study that should teach you a couple of things:
a) Being waitlisted doesn't mean you won't be admitted - even up until the last day of orientation
b) You can overcome a poor (or marginal) PCAT score with strong letters of recommendation and a good interview
c) Even in cases where I (or others) tell you that your chances are remote, good things can still happen


Email:

Hello Admissions,
I got into pharmacy school for this Fall 2009 at ______ :)

Today was last day as orientation was today. Today has definitely been an exhausting day. Can't wait till the white coat ceremony!

You know they always said there is always that one person who was selected right dead in the end but I shrugged it off and just thought well they just want us to feel better. I never knew it was going to happen...let alone to me!

I definitely learned something valuable today...Production, Persistence, and Patience are the 3 P's of Pharmacy school admissions.


I hope to keep in touch with you and perhaps if any student is in need of any aid, I can be of service.

Appreciate all of your input.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the poster! Best wishes for pharmacy school!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!!

Anonymous said...

congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Just reading this makes me so excited for the interview process and hopefully being admitted for next year. Thanks Admissions. Reading this blog everyday has made me much more comfortable and confident. I am telling everyone I know.

And good luck to the newest "pharmacist to be".