Friday, May 14, 2010

Should I be worried?

Question: When a student get an interview from a pharmacy school, the school always tell us that we will know the result by four weeks, but base on my experience, I notice that if the school wants you to be in their program, you would receive the acceptance letter in one week.

I had an interview in the second week of the april and I still haven't recieve any news yet, does this mean that the school is rejecting me? And how come it take so long to sent a rejection letter?


Answer: Every school and admissions committee is different. While they may *want* get you an answer in 4 weeks, sometimes it isn't possible. At this point, they might be waiting on responses from their initial admission offers to determine which alternates get acceptance instead. If they tell you 4 weeks and it has been longer, it would be understandable to place a polite phone call to check on your status.

Best of luck.

No comments: