Saturday, July 4, 2009

Personal Statement Advice - Part 3

I have been catching up on reading many of the personal statements sent to us during the preceding week and I wanted to offer some advice. So many of the statements are well written and are probably better than anything I could formulate right now, but I frequently notice something as a reviewer that I probably never would have realized as an applicant.

When writing your application, do not simply focus on your personal characteristics and your efforts try to and convince me WHY you would make a good pharmacist. Examples - Intelligence, etc. Instead, add something to inform me HOW you plan to be an excellent practicing pharmacist Examples - What will you do to help patients, give back to the community, provide care, etc.

If you can incorporate your abilities into a statement that examines how you will use your PharmD when you have finished pharmacy school, I suspect you will have an excellent personal statement.

I hope you have an excellent 4th of July.

No comments: